Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Road Block

Hello. I am Kim, Paul's wife. Paul has been asking me to write for our FamilyFanClub blog for 2 seasons now so I figured I should finally get around to doing it. Although, I have to say there are selfish reasons for my blogging as well, but we will get to that in a bit.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I am the proud mother of 2 handsome boys, ages 7 and 5, and a very happy wife. My primary duty is to be a mom to our boys, but in spare time I run 3 businesses. BINSI Labor and Birth Apparel, FamilyFanClub and I am also a birth doula.

My life is full of joy, however, it would absolutely not be the same if it wasn't for my running partner Rebecca (that's her on the left)! We prefer to call each other running partners rather than best friends because we feel like it shows more commitment to one another than simply just being best friends.

In fact more often than not, it is this commitment to Rebecca that keeps me running. That's why I am particularly thankful for her this year. For whatever reason it seems like I am hitting a running road block this season.

This is only the 3rd year that I have run all year long. In the past I would stop running sometime around November and pick it back up in March, but for the past three years Rebecca and I have run every Sunday outside, regardless of the temperature and this year (for the first time) we continued to run outside 3 days a week, regardless of temperature. Although, the coldest weather we ran in was 10 degrees.

I look forward to running season every year. I run the Mother's Day Title 9K and Steamboat Half Marathon every year, and sometimes the Bolder Boulder as well. Yes that is my season in 4 weeks, the rest of the summer I simply run for fun. But for some reason this year I have hit a running road block. I just don't seem up for the training this year. I have been struggling with stomach issues, exhaustion and flat out disinterest in running. What is that all about? Luckily I have Rebecca to keep me motivated and to help me get through this odd time.

So what am I going to do? I am going to get out my training chart and run my way out of this funk!


Wear Your Support! Visit our t-shirt website for Triathlon t-shirts, Running t-shirts, Marathon t-shirts, Cycling t-shirts, Duathlon t-shirts, Swimming t-shirts and personalized t-shirt options supporting family and friends on race day. Browse our selection of designs, it's likely we have a triathlon t-shirt, duathlon t-shirt, marathon t-shirt, running t-shirt, cycling t-shirt or swimming t-shirt that will appeal to you.




Digg this

No comments: