Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rick and Dick Hoyt


A friend of mine pointed me to this story this weekend, recalling how inspiring this father/son duo are, where he'd actually been in a race with them back in Massachusetts.

As father's day approaches, for me it's a reminder about the priorities I have in my life, about what's really important. Also reminds me of this card I was given for my first year as a father, which I keep on my desk.



I'll pass the same warning he gave me, have some kleenex on standby.





Check out their website, particularly the accomplishments, the times are amazing, truly an inspiration to everyone.

The goal of Team Hoyt is to integrate the physically challenged into everyday life. One way to accomplish this is to educate the able-bodied, making them more aware of the issues that the disabled face every day. Another is by actively helping the disabled to participate in activities that would otherwise be inaccessible to them. Team Hoyt targets both of these areas.

Digg this

No comments: