Saturday, June 14, 2008

5430 Sprint

One day until the first 5430 Triathlon of the year. The weather is outstanding today and expected to be so again tomorrow. We've got 3 vendors selling FamilyFanClub.net gear at the 5430 Sprint Expo and with over 1500 competitors, many of whom I suspect could be beginners, we should have a good sales day. Plus, it's Father's Day, who could resist a Triathlon Daddy t-shirt?

My race preparation has been pretty good. I'm coming off last week's Greeley Triathlon, so the base work is done. I swam Monday and Tuesday, ran on Wednesday and Thursday and took a 20 mile bike ride yesterday. Today I'm just going to be relaxing at Connor's t-ball game and heading to the Boulder Reservoir for packet pick-up and relaxation.

My goals for tomorrow's race are:

* Under 1:45 overall with
* Under 15 minute swim
* Under 1 hour bike
* Under 30 minute run and no walking!

In order to make 1:45 I'll need to go under in one or more of the categories and have fast transitions. My training times and Greeley suggest all of my goals are achievable, I just need to go out and execute and have a great race!

I'll blog more tomorrow to let you know how the race went!

Digg this

No comments: