Saturday, April 25, 2009

2009 Mud Hen 5k

For the third year in a row, I ran the 2009 Mud Hen 5k at McIntosh Lake in Longmont, CO. It's hard to believe it's been 2+ years since I decided to get off the couch and get healthier. You can read my 2008 Mud Hen Race Report here.



This years weather was a bit better than last year, the biggest difference being the absence of white caps on McIntosh Lake (i.e. no wind!) It was in the 40's, overcast and intermittent sprinkles. Unlike last year, I didn't go to softball practice or ride my bike to the race, but I did do a touch lower body workout at Boot Camp Friday night, which I was feeling on Saturday morning.

My goals for this race:
* Beat last weeks time: 32+ minutes
* No walking

Pretty simple and straight forward. The race was pretty uneventful. I had plenty of time to warm up and get ready. Connor and Griffin were there with their Daddy's #1 Fan t-shirt and Mommy's #1 Fan t-shirt, which was great. The designs came out really nice and the after race picture of me and Connor is one of my favorites. Long story short, I felt good, I didn't walk and I finished in just over 31 minutes. I met my goals, walking only to get some water half-way and I beat last week's time by 1 minute.

Felt good and progress was made, however I've got a long way to go before the 2009 Bolder Boulder on May 26th. I've got a lot of running to do to get ready, not to mention the Longmont Triathlon the following weekend.

Here are some pictures from the race:













Wear Your Support! Visit our website for Triathlon t-shirts, Running t-shirts, Marathon t-shirts, Cycling t-shirts, Swimming t-shirts and t-shirt personalization options supporting family and friends on race day. Browse our selection of designs, it's likely we have a triathlon t-shirt, marathon t-shirt, running t-shirt, cycling t-shirt or swimming t-shirt that will appeal to you.

Digg this

No comments: